When my family and I get dragged down by a yucky virus, we turn to this elixir syrup.
When preparing, it should be made from 100% Organic ingredients. All non-“organic” produce is heavily sprayed with pesticides and herbicides, and produced from genetically modified seeds.
- 1 peeled Garlic head
- 1 small red onion
- 2 Ginger roots
- 7 Lemons
- 1/2 cup of Raw Honey
I use a molcajete for this but you can use a food processor or with a fork break it up. We leave it very chunky.
- Cut and de-seed all of the lemons
- Peel all of the garlic cloves and press garlic clove with your palm to activate and tenderize.
- Slice or cut ginger root into small pieces (leave skin on)
- Slice onion thick
- Activate and tenderize 🍋lemons with the palm of the hand using a back and forth motion.
* Preferably a glass container you can seal. We reuse glass jam and honey containers
If possible, let it concentrate for a day in the fridge before using. But it can be used right away if need/want. Can be taken regularly as boost for immune system and a preventive.
- I take three tablespoons a day for a few days. (And I chew up 1 or 2 garlic cloves a day.) 😅
- My 5 year old has 3 teaspoons a day.
Eating the chunks recommended.
Apart from it being widely diverse antiviral ok it’s own, garlic is filled with antioxidant and anti-fungal properties. “A raw garlic clove a day, will keep the doctor away.” 😁👍🏼
One of the highest sources of quercetin, a bioflavonoid that is superior at fighting free radicals. High in antioxidant properties, quercetin has been found to possess cancer fighting, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. Also preventing and controlling the formation of intestinal polyps, suppressing the rhinoviruses that are the underlying cause of common cold, treating psoriasis, and inhibiting the replication of viruses.
A powerful anti-inflammatory root. It’s primary active ingredients, terpenes and oleo provide, lymph cleansing and antiseptic benefits. Natural ginger tea made with ginger slices is also a great booster and addition to this remedy.
An excellent anti-viral because of it’s natural occurring hydrogen peroxide as well an anti-fungal and anti- inflammatory. Raw honey is as effective as dextromethorphan, which is a common synthetic ingredient found in “over the counter” cough medicine. Phytonutrients are unique to raw honey and disappear when honey is heavily processed.
Note: Honey will lose it’s properties in heat. if used in tea, let cool down or add milk, then honey last.
Filled with vitamin C, citric acid, flavonoids, B-complex vitamins, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and fiber. A superioir antibacterial ingredient.
* I am not a medical professional, I consider myself naturalist and figure out how to use organic ingredients to enhance the immune system and live a healthier life with a natural approach.
“Believe in nature, study it depend and feel it nurture” – Green Madame